My Current Favorite Artists and Songs on Spotify

On Spotify under profile, it lists the user's favorite artists and top favorite songs. I thought it would be fun to share what my current favorite artists and top 50 favorite songs are based on my listening habits.

Most of the music I have been listening to has been artists and bands from Vietnam (most of whom are from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City); metal, rock (emo/pop punk, ska, straight forward rock), electronic/experimental, and a dash of pop. The pop side of the Vietnamese music scene is hit or miss with me, at the moment I am just digging the  pop/r&b sounds of Toc Tien (one of the stars of my current favorite Netflix film Furies aka Thanh Soi). Her song "Hoc Cuc Dai" in the film "Furies" is a massive banger with its '80s synthwave production. I am constantly listening to the song through out the day. I think I listen to the track at least 12x while I am working. The song is ridiculously catchy. I can't even go to bed without listening to the song at least once. 

I am still listening to the hell out of Echoes by Anesthetic Youth. Anyone who likes the super catchy pop-punk sounds of  Green Day, Groovie Ghoulies, and The Muffs, I think they would like Anesthetic Youth. 

The music is fast and incredibly melodic. Judgement Day by Lovebites is my next most listened to album. I think Judgement Day is the band's best album to date despite my dislike for the song "Dissonance". The album definitely has some serious competition from fellow Japanese metal band Onmyo-za with Ryuuoudouji for best metal album in 2023. Not sure which album I love more. Both albums are so good.

Another current favorite band is the metal band Metanoia, I think they are from Hanoi but I could be wrong. I became aware of them when their frontwoman Tho Trauma sang on the track "Tan Tich" by the rock band Ly Buc. Tho has a really strong, commanding presence with her vocals especially on "NGHIEP", my absolute favorite song by the band.I think it is their most aggressive tracks I have heard on their Spotify account.

Outside of Vietnam, I have been listening a lot to the new and not so new albums by Delerium, Otyken, Toc, Tien, Re:NO, and Nell.

Top Artists:
Anesthetic Youth
Lovebites
Toc Tien
Jaigon Orchestra
Limebocx
Otyken
Delerium
Re:NO
Nell
Metanoia

Top 50 Songs
Hoc Cuc Dai (Than Soi Soundtrack) by Toc Tien
Jane Doe by Anesthetic Youth
Needless Nostalgia by Anesthetic Youth
Nijiiro by Ayaka
Fortune and Fame by Anesthetic Youth
Good Day to be Loved by JinE
Matrix by Serenity in Murder
Tan Tich (feat. Tho Trauma from Metanoia) by Ly Buc
NGHIEP by Metanoia
Loi by Metanoia
Love Hate Repeatt by Anesthetic Youth
Bloodmoon by Diarsia
Dreamers by Jung Kook, BTS, FIFA Sound
Brave by Kim Jung Wan of NELL
II. Disintegration by Leukotomy
Love Won't Tell Us Apart by Anesthetic Youth
In the Deep by Delerium and Kanga
Going Down by Anesthetic Youth 
Nhu Mi by Jaigon Orchestra
Rip, Love by Faouzia
Light Up by Anesthetic Youth
Better Days by Anesthetic Youth
Infliction by Anesthetic Youth
We Are the Resurrection by Lovebites
Chieu Tru Nhat by Limebocx
Leaves Burned to Ashes by Serenity in Murder
Greedy Vanity by Anesthetic Youth
Malang Sajna by Sachet Tandon, Parampara Tandon, Kumar
Story of a Heart by Steps
Cong Bao Cho Nguoi Buon by Jaigon Orchestra, Chi Xe
Yeu Nhau (Qua Cau Gio Bay) by Limebocx
Tum Mile by Pritam, Neeraj Shridhar
Lost in the Garden by Lovebites
Mother by Azumi Inoue
Pattonkan by Chthonic
The Astronaut by Jin
The Spirit Lives on by Lovesbites
Stand and Deliver (Shoot 'em Down) by Lovebites
So What Jiae
Hinn Mikli Dreki by SKALD
Falling Back to You by Delerium, Mimi Page
VIII. Melancholy by Leukotomy
My Orion by Lovebites
??? by Stephanie Sun
Lean on Me by 10cm (Hotel Del Luna soundtrack)
A Little Sweet by Silence Wang, BY2
Khat by Metanoia
Gongxi by Pink Martini, The Von Trapps
First Love by Hikaru Utada
??? by ??? (in Mandarin Chinese, not sure who the artist and song is. LOL)


Off-topic: since leaving Twitter over a week ago because it is a total mess run by a racist dipshit (BTW...being wealthy does not always mean the person is a genius, Elbow Macaroni is definitely not a genuis by a long shot), I must say I have no regret. My mental health is a lot better. I am not as angry and anxious as I once was. I now feel more inspired to focus more on my blog and finding new music to post on it for people to discover. While I do miss the exposure my blog got via Twitter, I know I did the right thing by leaving the platform.

Comments

Popular Posts