My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! Here is this week's mix. My taste in music this week was all over the place, and I am damn proud of it! Listening to just one genre is boring AF! 😊

Finally got around to checking T-Pain's On Top of the Covers album this week. I rarely listen to hip hop nowadays but I had to hear it because of NPR's All Songs Considered episode from last week. It is a fun covers album. I really enjoyed it from top to finish. Not a Journey fan but T-Pain's cover is "Don't Stop Believin'" is a ton of fun to listen to, as is the rest of the album. 

Been listening a lot to "Pattonkan" by Chthonic, a new song the legendary Taiwanese black metal band recently dropped. Classic Chthonic. I hope this means the band is working on a new album (ditto with Serenity in Murder whose song "Matrix" is on this week's mix again because I love it so much). 

One of my new favorite metal bands that I just discovered is the Vietnamese Black metal band Leukotomy.The band recently released their debut album Eternal Path to Eden. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it more but from my initial listen, I really enjoyed every single track on the album. Leukotomy reminds of Bliss-Illusion. My current favorite track from the album is "VIII. Melancholy", a six minute long instrumental. 

Last night, I came across a Hanoi/Saigon based experimental pop collective called Mona Evie on Spotify with their song "O Mai" which is featured on this week's mix. I really liked what I heard. I definitely need to listen to more of their music.

Songs to Check out:
"Matrix" by Serenity in Murder
"Pattonkan" by Chthonic
"Don't Stop Believin'" by T-Pain (Journey cover)
"Us and the Rest" by M83
"Ambition" by Saiseiga
"VIII. Melancholy" by Leukotomy
"Reincarnation" by Kruelty
"The Ancients" by Azam Ali, Loga Ramin Tokian  
"O Mai" by Mona Evie

Comments

Popular Posts