Album of the Week

I really wasn't sure which album I was going to have for my Album of the Week because I have been listening to some wonderful music from Bat for Lashes, The Highwomen, The HU, and Chelsea Wolfe. I ended up going with the debut album by the Mongolian metal band The HU. If you haven't heard of the band The HU, you really are missing out on something special. The band is from Ulaannbaatar, Mongolia. Their music videos for "Wolf Totem" and "Yuve Yuve Yu" went viral last year and the hype hasn't let down. Their music is described as Tuvan Throat Singing. The sound is not too different from what I am hearing from Nordic bands like SKALD and Heilung.

Last week their debut album The Gereg finally came out. I have been listening to the album every day at work and at home. The music is so good. It was worth the wait. I had the immense pleasure of seeing the band live last week. Their North American tour has been selling out which is just amazing for a band that just released their debut album.  Please try to go see them on their current tour (if you can get a ticket). As good as the album is, their live performances electrifying.

Comments

Popular Posts