My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! For the past few days, I have been watching the new Ken Burns documentary on country music so on this week's playlist there is quite a bit of country music. A lot of the documentary has transferred over into listening to the music at work. When I am not listening to country music which I am not going to apologize for (love me some Loretta Lynn, Rosanne Cash/Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, and Hank/Holly Williams), I have been headbanging at work to the sounds of Imaginary Flying Machines who does some kick ass metal covers of music from Studio Ghibli films. I never imagined that I would need this sort of music in my life but I do now.

Songs to check out:
"Itsumo Nandodemo (Spirited Away)" by Imaginary Flying Machines
"Every Little Thing" by Carlene Carter
"Tennessee Flat Top Box" by both Johnny and Rosanne Cash
"Without You" by Holly Williams
"The Gereg" by The HU
"Wheels of Laredo" by The Highwomen
"Ai Wa Hana Kimi Wa Sono Tae (Only Yesterday)" by Imaginary Flying Machines
"You Belong to Me" by Patsy Cline

Comments

Popular Posts