What I have been listening to this past week

Well blame it on Ken Burns' latest documentary series Country Music for some of the music I listened to this week. I even created my own country music playlist. I do have my limits though, I can't stand Garth Brooks and every other country/western act that came after him. The earlier sounds by the likes of Loretta Lynn and The Carter Family are far more interesting and still holds up well in the 21st century. As far as modern contemporaries, I absolutely adore the sounds of Rosanne Cash, Carlene Carter (Rosanne's stepsister), and Holly Williams (Hank Sr's granddaughter/Hank Jr's daughter). The genes of their fathers definitely runs strong in their blood.

Still enjoying my new albums that I bought or arrived in the mail last week by The Highwomen, The HU, and Chelsea Wolfe. Those albums definitely will be in my annual end of the year list.

I never thought that I would need heavy metal versions of my favorite songs from various Studio Ghibli films but apparently I do. Just love the two Princess Ghibli albums by Imaginary Flying Machines. I have been listening to the albums all week.

Albums:


































Playlists:








Podcasts:












Comments

Popular Posts