Earworm of the Week

Of all the great music I have heard in the past two weeks from Ken Burns' excellent Country Music documentary series, the one song that stood out like a sore thumb for me is Rosanne Cash's version of her father's song "Tennessee Flat Top Box". Her version went to #1 while Johnny's went as far as #11. Both versions are great but I admit unabashedly that Rosanne's interpretation is my favorite. I love her polished vocals. I have been a fan of her voice since her album The Wheel came out back in the 1990s (I think '93 or '92, somewhere around that time). To continue, I was introduced to this delightful song last week and the song never left my head. I would listen to it every damn day, at work and at home. I chose this live performance because I absolutely loved Rosanne's eulogy to her beloved father which I can so relate after losing my father two years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts