My current favorite songs of the week

TGIF! Thought this week would never end. Here is this week's playlist which has obviously been influenced by Ken Burns' documentary on country music but I do have some non-country music on this week's playlist.

I have been listening a lot to Johnny Cash and Holly Williams (the daughter of Hank Williams Jr and granddaughter of Hank Williams Sr). I have a few tracks by each of those artists on this week's playlist. I like that Holly's music isn't slick and overproduced like a lot of her modern contemporaries in the country music scene. She is so underrated. I strongly recommend "Between Your Lines", that is my personal favorite song by Holly. If her grandfather was still around, I have no doubt he would be damn proud of Holly (and her brother). I hope Holly puts out some new music soon.   As for Cash, I have been listening to his American recordings he made with Rick Rubin. They are wonderful recordings.

Tegan and Sara's new album Hey, I'm Just Like You came out today. It is terrific album. My current favorite song off the album is "Hello, I'm Right Here".

Still enjoying the sounds of The Highwomen, The HU, and Chelsea Wolfe. I definitely consider their albums to be some of the best music I have heard in 2019.

BTW...I haven't been posting on my Facebook page because: 1) my main FB page is on a 30 day suspension (will be back on it on 10/12), and 2) my back up account for some odd reason won't allow me to post links on FB. That is why I have not been able to post anything on Facebook.

Songs to check out:
"Hello, I'm Right Here" by Tegan and Sara
"Heaven is A Honky Tonk" by The Highwomen
"Yuve Yuve Yu" by The HU
"Egilsson" by Danheim
"Gold" by Emmylou Harris
"Between Your Lines" by Holly Williams

Comments

Popular Posts