My current favorite songs of the week

This has definitely been a great week for music. Chelsea Wolfe and The HU finally released new albums today with The Birth of Violence and The Gereg. Both albums are terrific! I have already listened to The HU's debut album four times today. I hope I can find a physical copy at the Electric Fetus when I go there tomorrow. The HU did not let me down with their full length debut album. I am still reeling over the band's fantastic live show I saw on Wednesday night. As for the new Chelsea Wolfe album which is a collection of acoustic songs, I absolutely love it. I wish she was coming to the Twin Cities on her fall tour. I would have loved to see her perform this album live.  Still enjoying the sounds of The Highwomen and Lost GIrls by The Highwomen and Bat For Lashes. I have included my favorite tracks from those albums which are my current favorite albums at the moment.

Ken Burns has a playlist on Spotify for his upcoming documentary on country music (that begins this Sunday) called Ken Burns Country Music Experience. I have included a couple of tracks from his playlist "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash and "I'm In Love With the Boy" by Trisha Yearwood.

The rest of the playlist is a mix of older and newer songs.


Songs to check out:
"The Legend of Mother Swan" by The HU
"American Darkness" by Chelsea Wolfe
"My Only Child" by The Highwomen
"The Hunger" Bat For Lashes
"Fuck It I Love You" by Lana Del Rey

Comments

Popular Posts