Album of the week

I have been trying to figure out what album I wanted for this week's Album of the Week. It was a tough choice between Ladytron's self-titled album, Our Native Daughters' Songs of Our Native Daughters (that comes out this Friday but NPR has it available for streaming on its website), Valerie June's The Order of Time, Piroshka' Brickbat, or The Mavericks' The Definitive Collection. In the end I went with Ladytron's self-titled album. I have been enamored with the album since I first heard it a couple of weeks ago on NPR (which has become my go to site for new music). If you are in the twin cities, I know the Electric Fetus has CD copies in stock (which is where I bought mine) since the band's bandcamp site says they are currently out of stock but will be getting more in a couple of weeks. IMO the new album is a huge improvement over Gravity the Seducer  which put me to sleep. There was only one track that left me saying "meh" to myself which is "Paper Highways" but overall great album! 

Comments

Popular Posts