Weekly Office Playlist

Another weekend has come and gone.  Here is this week's list of music I did not include the CDs I got from the library last weekend because it would have been redundant.  It is another four day work week. I have Friday off just for some r and r, no appointments this time around and I can actually chill on my day off. Found some interesting new music from NPR's All Songs Considered (as I have mentioned in last night's blog entry), which is a great way to discover new music. I really wish people would stop bitching about the lack of interesting, new music but makes no effort to find it (like some old white man in a recent OP in the Washington Post wrote about it).

Not a whole lot of the usual music I listen to. I still a bit burnt out on all things post-punk/EBM/industrial. I will say that I love the new Ladytron album and I definitely plan on buying it when it comes out next week.

Albums:
Autumn Tears: Colors Hidden Within the Grey

Bob Mould: Sunshine Rock

Carolina Chocolate Drops: Genuine Negro Jig

Chvrches: Love is Dead

Faithless: Faithless 2.0

Future Perfect: Dirty Little Secrets

Hauschaka: A Different Forest

Kacey Musgraves: Golden Hour

Ladytron: Ladytron

Ladytron: 00-10

Leyla McCalla: Vari-Colored Songs

Leyla McCalla: A Day For the Hunter, A Day For the Prey

MILCK: This is Not the End

Mondtraume: Empty (Deluxe Edition)

Namnambulu: Borders

Nightwish: Endless Forms Most Beautiful

Odetta: The Best of Odetta

Phosphor: Brass Train

Po'Girl: Follow Your Bliss

Rosalia: El Mal Querer

Ruined Conflict: Valediction

Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Authorized Sister Rosetta Tharpe

State of the Union: Indupop

Trampled By Turtles: Stars and Satellites

Valerie June: The Order of Time

Valerie June: Pushin' Against a Stone

Various Artists: American Epic - The Collection

Various Artists: Music Inspired by the Film Roma

Various Artists: Verve Remixed

Various Artists: Verve Remixed 2

Weezer: (Teal Album)

Playlists:
Our Native Daughters (new playlist featuring music by members of the folk music supergroup consisting of Rhiannon Giddens, Allison Russell (of Birds of Chicago), Leyla McCalla (former member of Carolina Chocolate Drops), and Amythyst Kiah.)

My Favorite Post-Punk/Darkwave Playlist

Angel City: My Favorite Rhiannon Giddens Songs

Americana Playlist

Love in Wartime: My Favorite Birds of Chicago Songs

Random Mix

My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Ever Dream: The Best of Nightwish, Tarja, Anette, and Floor

Comments

Popular Posts