What I am currently listening to

This week was a four day work week, had to take Wednesday off for a couple of appointments. I really didn't listen to much of my playlists other than the usual suspects. During this week, I just was not in the mood for music and spent most of my work day listening to my favorite podcasts.  This week I started listening to NPR's All Songs Considered. Discovered some new music by the likes of film composer Hauschka and singer/songwriter MILCK, loved what I had heard from them. I especially love MILCK and her song "Black Sheep", what a beautiful pop song.

 This week NPR made Ladytron's new self-titled album available for streaming on their website. The album is fabulous. I definitely will buy a physical copy of the album when it comes out next week (which is the case for every album that NPR posts for streaming like they did with the new albums by Boy Harsher and Leyla McCalla. "Paper Highways" is the only dud on the album I have to skip but overall I most certainly enjoyed listening to Ladytron.

I wish I could say the same about the new White Lies album Five. The more I listened to the album this week, the less enjoyment I have gotten out of it. On the up side, the new Within Temptation album Resist is growing on me quite a bit. The film Roma has a couple of soundtracks, one with music from the film and the other filled of music inspired by the film (but not in the film). I have only listened to the original motion picture soundtrack which is quite good (and so is the film).

Front Line Assembly has a new album out. It piqued my curiosity after hearing their cover of "Rock Me Amadeus" which I liked. I am not going to lie, music like this is starting to bore me however I am sure long time fans won't be disappointed in it.

Albums:
First Listen: Ladytron's "Ladytron"





























Playlists:






Podcasts:
Lynx Radio
The Cheryl Reeve Show
Casefile
Fake the Nation
Good Food
Aria Code
All Songs Considered

Comments

Popular Posts