What I am currently listening to

This week was one of those weeks when I spent more time listening to either one of my playlists or one of my favorite podcasts. And what music I did listen to this week has definitely been a colorful mix of American and Mongolian folk music, country, post-punk, and synthpop. NPR's All Songs Considered has been a great place to discover some new music for me. I found the noisy pop/rock band Westkust and low-fi pop/rock band Palehound. From the few songs I have heard from those bands, I really dug what I had heard. Still enjoying the hell out of the music I bought last week by Valerie June, Ladytron, and Piroshka. Also have been listening to a lot of Lindi Ortega's music (or at least a couple of her albums), Our Native Daughter's Songs of Our Native Daughters, and a bunch of Mongolian folk music.

Albums:


























Playlists:








Podcasts:
NPR's All Songs Considered
Strong Black Legends
Gravy Podcasts
Fake the Nation
The Table Underground
The Unofficial Expert Podcast with Sydnee Washington and Marie Faustin
The Vanished Podcast

Comments

Popular Posts