Guilty Pleasure of the Week: Solstice by Scala and Kolacny Brothers

For this week's Guilty Pleasure of the Week, I picked the new album by Scala and Kolacny Brothers titled Solstice. It recently came out this month. Scala and Kolacny Brothers consists of Scala, a girls choir and the Kolacny brothers Steven and Stijin. I have been a fan for a few years now. They take pop music and transform them into choral music. The results is interesting the very least on their new album. Unlike their previous album, there are a few bombs on this album. I really did not care for the group's version of "Fat Bottomed Girls" , "Dirty Diana", "Black Hole Sun", and "Barbie Girl". Those tracks just made me cringe. They were super cheesy but not in a good way either. That said their versions of "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", "Strong Enough", "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and "The One I Love" makes up for those clunkers.

Comments

Popular Posts