Album of the Week

Last week, I came across a playlist on Spotify called The Sound of Chinese Metal. The playlist features over a dozen heavy metal bands from China. I definitely recommend giving that playlist a listen. China has a really great metal scene. On the playlist I discovered the symphonic metal band Silent Elegy. Their song "Valkyrie" quickly got my undivided attention when I heard their incredible mezzo-soprano singer.  They are currently an independent/unsigned band . They only have one full length album out called Gone With The Wind, released in 2016. The album totally took my breath away. I felt like I was listening to Nightwish in the Tarja era. 

Not sure what is happening with the band at the moment since their FB page hasn't been used since 2018 so I can't comment about their active status. Regardless of their status, their album is so good and should be heard by fans of Nightwish, Within Temptation, and Leaves' Eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts