Albums I am currently listening to


I forgot where I heard of the duo Ibeyi featuring twin sisters Lisa-Kainde and Naomi Diaz, most likely on one of the many social media sites I am signed on to. Like FKA Twigs (who happens to be on the same label they are signed to), Ibeyi is one of a handful of artists out there I consider to be truly original. Their music is a mix of electronica, r and b, and Cuban. I find these sisters (and FKA Twigs) extremely refreshing in this day and age of Rhianna and Miley Cyrus.


One of my favorite albums to unwind to.


I adore Rosanne Cash. She is one of my favorite singer-songwriters from the early '90s (next to Mary Chapin-Carpenter). Her music is so deeply personal especially on tracks like "Seventh Wheel" and "Sleeping in Paris". Rosanne has a great voice as well. I find her voice very comforting to listen to.


My favorite futurepop of 2015. I like the new Neuroticfish and Angels and Agony cds but the new Frozen Plasma album Dekadenz blows those two albums out of the water. All of the songs on the album are ridiculously melodic. This is also definitely one of the best releases of 2015.


For some odd reason I have missed having this album in my CD collection so this past week I stopped by the Electric Fetus and found a used copy of this album. Hau Ruck is the last KMFDM album that I honestly like. After this album, I started finding their music repetitive and eventually moved on to other bands. Although I prefer their albums from their days on Wax Tracks Records, Hau Ruck is the one album from their post-Wax Tracks days that really resonates with me both lyrically and musically.


When I was at the record store this past week, I couldn't resist and bought the remastered copy of Empire by Queensryche. It was one of my favorite albums from my metalhead days in high school. Great album.


I have owned and sold this album so many times, it is ridiculous. No more. I have missed listening to my favorite Cocteau Twins album. This is the last time I am buying a copy. The album may be 31 years old but the music is timeless. Today's music has nothing on Treasure or The Cocteau Twins. Music like this never gets old nor loses its beauty.


My current favorite album right now. I loved Joy when she was in The Civil Wars. Venus is her debut solo album. The heavy trip hop influences in the music came off as a pleasant surprise to me. I didn't expect to hear some electronica music in her music. Still can hear some of her old band in songs like "You Loved Me" and "Welcome Home".

Comments

Popular Posts