Album Of The Week: Ave Maria - En Plein Air by Tarja Turunen

Ever since her untimely departure from the symphonic metal band Nightwish, I really haven't been all that enthusiastic about Tarja's solo material. Until now. Not long ago I discovered that earlier this fall she released an album called Ave Maria - En Plein Air which is an album filled with variations of "Ave Maria" (a traditional prayer to the Virgin Mary). This is her first classical album. Unlike her other solo albums where you really don't get to hear Tarja's full potential as a singer, Ave Maria - En Plein Air shows where Tarja's strength lies. Her voice is really suited for the classical genre. I have no doubt this album will be in my top 10 best of 2015 when I post it at the end of the year. This is the album I have been dying to hear from Tarja given her immense talents as a singer.

Comments

Popular Posts