My Current Top 10 Favorite Albums of the Week

Last week, I discovered the Chicago based rock band Brigitte Calls Me Baby via Instagram (on Electric Fetus). I was immediately hooked by the band's '80s new wave/post-punk sound. Their music sounded like it could have been on the soundtrack to a John Hughes film like Pretty in Pink or The Breakfast Club. Over the weekend I went to the Electric Fetus and bought a copy of the band's debut album "The Future is Our Way Out". The album is so good. I might have to go see them next month. While at the record store, I also picked up Erika de Casier's second album "Still", one of my favorite albums of 2024. Still is one of my favorite R&B albums of 2024 next to Kehlani's Crash. I discovered Erika's music via NPR's All Songs Considered. Still loving the soundtrack to the Kdrama/horror series Sweet Home. I love the mish mash of genres on the album. Definitely my favorite Kdrama soundtrack.

On a non music related topic: Laptop is still in the shop. I hope to get it back sometime this week but at least I know the issues are going to be fixed. I must say the owner of PC Doodle has been great based on my interactions with him. Once I get my laptop up back, I'll be back to my regular schedule of posting blog entries.

01. Brigitte Calls Me Baby: The Future is Our Way Out


02. Stray Kids: ATE


03. Moon in June: Romance and Soft Blue City


04. Jotnar: Eternal Path


05. SNOW RAVEN: Home


06. Various Artsts: Sweet Home (Music from Netflix Series)


07. Erika de Casier: Still


08. Ari Mason: Prodrome


09. Bel Canto: Radiant Green


10. Billie Eillish: Hit Me Hard and Soft

Comments

Popular Posts