Albums I am currently listening to

Nightwish: Imaginaerum

I have to admit I am really digging the new Nightwish album. After the so-so Dark Passion Play, I thought I was over Nightwish. I was wrong. When the band unveiled the video for their first single "Storytime", I was hooked. I didn't want to like the song but it was so freaking catchy I couldn't help butlove the song. After a long wait, I finally got my copy of Imaginaerum this weekend. I have been listening to it constantly. The album is so much better than the previous Nightwish album. Anette has definitely won me over. Granted she is no Tarja but that's okay with me now. This album definitely is one of the best releases of 2011. I am most likely going to list it in my top 10 if possible.

Rammstein: Made in Germany

I just picked up a copy of Made in Germany today. I still have yet to listen to disc 2 which features remixes. The first disc is fabulous of course. I am so looking forward to seeing the band for the first time next year.

Diffuzion: Winter Cities

I have to admit this is one of those albums I think needed to grow on me. I kinda prefer their first album Body Code over Winter Cities but not by much. To be brutally honest, the music isn't that all memorable. It does have some good beats and hooks but I think it could have been so much better.

Blue Stone: Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box is my first Blue Stone album. As a big fan of ambient/pop groups like Balligomingo, Conjure One, Delerium, and Amethystium, I figured I would like Blue Stone (especially after their track "Warrior Heart" on a compilation I heard last year). I like Pandora's Box but I was disappointed that the music was ALL instrumentals and no vocals whatsoever.

Nitin Sawhney: The Namesake soundtrack

I recently found a copy of the soundtrack to the film The Namesake. Loved the film score in the film when I first saw it in theaters a few years ago. This is my favorite body of work by Nitin Sawhney. I first heard of Nitin on one of the Buddha Bar compilations. I think he is a terrific artist. Here is one of my favorite tracks from the soundtrack.

Comments

Popular Posts