Sextacy Ball 2010 at Ground Zero

So another concert came and went in a blink of an eye. Yesterday I had to pick up the flyers for the next two shows Kilted Farmer is putting on (Unter Null in August and Anything Box in September) right after work. Since I rely on metro transit to get me from point A to point B, that consumed quite a bit of my time between then and the show. At the time, I didn't think I would have the time to eat dinner so I just went straight home from Ground Zero from picking up the flyers. I dropped off my shoulder bag, made a bee-line for the bathroom, and fed my constantly hungry boys their pellets. I grabbed a mocha iced crema from Dunn Bros and headed to Ground Zero. Well needless to say due to technical difficulties (i.e computer for one of the bands had shorted out or exploded) caused the GZ staff to hold back on opening the doors to the club. Once in the club, I downed four rum and cokes (2-4-1s first hour) and a vodka cranberry. Bad idea especially on an empty stomach (I don't count my frozen treat from Dunn Bros as solid food). I almost got sick during My Life w/The Thrill Kill Kult's set and just wasn't feeling very well for the rest of the night so I just left before the Lords of Acid could go on stage. To be honest, I have no regrets. As much as I like "I Sit On Acid" and "Scrood Bi U", feeling nauseous and worn out from a long day at work at a concert with lots of people around me just wasn't worth it. I did though take some pictures of local band Gabriel and the Apocalypse, Blownload, and My Life W/The Thrill Kill Kult. You can see the photos at my photo album at image shack.

I will be brutally honest here...I am not really a big fan of old school industrial bands like TKK and Lords of Acid. I prefer the newer stuff. I did really enjoy Gabriel and the Apocalypse enough to buy their cd at the club for $5 (which is really good). I personally enjoy the current crop of industrial bands (as well as synthpop) that labels like Out of Line and Metropolis Records are putting out. Also, I am more of a Unter Null fan than a LOA or TKK fan so for me Unter Null is what I really am excited to see (in two whole weeks from tonight). It was nice to go out for a bit but having had no supper or time to relax after work, I have no regrets leaving GZ early.

Comments

Popular Posts