What I am currently listening to

Over the weekend I finally picked up the We Are the Fallen debut album Tear the Wall Down featuring ex-members of Evanescence and former American Idol contestant Carly Smithson, from my local library. It didn't really take me very long to fall in love with the album. I could hear the obvious Evanescence comparisons. It is hard not to notice. I hope they will eventually develop a sound of their own in the near future. My personal favorite song on the album is the gorgeous ballad "Sleep Well, My Angel".



In the last couple of weeks I have received a couple of cds by the California synthpop band Anything Box from a good friend of mine Trace, a local concert promoter in Minneapolis. The cds are Recovered and Future Past EP. I was immediately hooked. They are really good. This clip I am posting here is the song "Carmen", a depressing yet beautiful song.



I am looking forward to seeing Anything Box in September when they play Ground Zero on September 11. Information has been posted on my previous blog entry.


A week or two ago I was at the library and came across the cd Believe by Morgan Page. I checked it out on a whim.



Normally I am not into dance/house music but this wasn't a bad album. It was pretty darn good.


Another cd I had recently gotten from the library is Johnny Cash's last album American VI: Ain't No Grave. Pretty damn good stuff from the man in black.




I also got the new Goldfrapp album but let me just say that old Goldfrapp = good, new Goldfrapp = complete shit. That is all. I'm done with Goldfrapp. Their work is so inconsistent, they just isn't worth my time and money any more. Thankfully I got their latest album from the library so I saved myself from being completely burned out by the dance duo.

Comments

Popular Posts