CD Reviews of the Week

Well it has been awhile since I last posted a review of CDs that I either bought recently or had sitting in my cd collection. I am going to just make my reviews shorter than usual.

Curve: Frozen

I have been on a huge Curve kick lately. I recently won a copy of Curve's Frozen EP on ebay. It arrived today in the mail. I have been enjoying the cd immensely. I love Curve's early sound which could be defined as shoegaze. Don't get me wrong I love their techno/rock sound on their last two albums, but it is their early stuff that I really adore. All four songs on this EP is excellent.

Love Spirals Downward: Temporal


A couple of weeks ago I was at Cheapo records. I came across this album and decided to pick it up with a couple of other cds. I always wanted to add some LSD into my cd collection. I am glad I did. It's quite a lovely album. Temporal is a collection of LSD's past and present (at the time) music which features some previously unreleased tracks like "Misunderstood (I'll Always Love You remix)". I find the music very laid back and relaxing to listen to. I dig the remixes and I really love Suzanne Perry's ethereal vocals.

The Very Best of Midge Ure & Ultravox

A couple of weeks ago I came across a video clip on youtube of Kirlian Camera performing Ultravox's "Hymn" at this year's Amphi festival. I was immediately hooked on the song. I decided to go to Cheapo last weekend to find some Ultravox. The best I could find was this compilation of Midge Ure and Ultravox. Definitely better than nothing. At least I have the original song on cd. I don't know where the hell I have been in the last 2 decdades but I just love the Ultravox tracks. Classic new wave. I also enjoyed Midge Ure's solo tracks as well. I remember hearing his song "Breathe" for a Swatch commercial back in the '80s or '90s.

Diary of Dreams: End of Flowers
It has been awhile since I last listened to Diary of Dreams. I decided to give their music another chance. Last year I had fell in love with the track "Tears of Laughter" so I opted to  get the album that it was on End of Flowers. I think this is one of those albums that you have to be in the mood for. It is over an hour long and the music can often be a bit dreary. I like to think of it as one of those perfect rainy day albums. The dark atmospheric melodies and melancholy lyrics is ideal for a cold, rainy day in bed.

Comments

Popular Posts