Happy Birthday MTV...or maybe not

I know this is a day late but oh well, better late than never. Yesterday was MTV's 30th Birthday. Unlike MTV itself, CBS's Early Morning Show acknowledged MTV's 30th birthday. Since the stupid channel is too busy airing crap promoting teen pregnancies and promsicuity among stupid Italian stereotypes, I thought the MTV that I once knew deserves some homage. I was six years old when MTV hit the airwaves. I only got to watch the channel at friends' houses because my parents couldn't afford cable. Just watching these video clips brings back fond memories ;).










And yes, I was a big Culture Club fan as a kid. LOL!



I was also a big Cyndi Lauper fan too, still am to this very day and not ashamed of it either.



As silly as this song and video was, I will take it over the current pop music nowadays.



I believe this was my first David Bowie song that I have ever heard of. Or it might have been "Modern Love". I can't remember. I'm getting old. lol

I could go on and on about the MTV I grew up on but I would end up with one long blog entry. There were too many awesome songs from the '80s. Of course it goes without saying there was some terrible crap but I rather remember the good stuff. I really do miss the old MTV. I hate what the cable channel has become (ditto with VH1). I only get basic cable so I can't get MTV2 or VH1 classic. I guess I'll have to settle for youtube :P. I would wish MTV a happy birthday but considering what the channel has become, I think I won't and wish it nothing but ill will.

Comments

Popular Posts