TC Underground Mix: Electro Mix

Earlier this week, I wrote about finding a stash of mixtapes that I had made from ten plus some years ago. After listening to a few of my mixtapes (and enjoying them), I have been inspired to start getting into making mixtapes (for myself mind you). When I say mixtapes, I mean as in using actual the outdated cassette tapes. Maybe the fact that I am going to be turning forty next year is making me feel nostalgic for my youth but whatever the case may be, I decided to be unhip and use cassettes as opposed to creating an mp3 playlist (or a youtube playlist) or CDs. I'm sorry but there is something about using cassettes that just makes creating mixtapes all the more fun. I think it is because of all the work that makes creating a mixtape all the more pleasurable.

While at work today, I quickly put together my first mix. I decided to go an electro route. I'll let the track list speak for itself.

Side A:
Ladytron - Destroy Everything You Touch
Parralox - I Am Human
Goldfrapp - Ooh La La
Grimes - Nightmusic
Hooverphonic - Vinegar and Salt
Noblesse Oblige - The Great Electrifier (club mix)
Canal Pop feat. Polette - Things You Say You Like

Side B:
Tegan and Sara - Closer
The Break Up - Lightning
Javelynn - Die Young
Synthetixxx - Falsification
Everything But the Girl - Wrong
Future Perfect - We Fly
Sara Noxx - Desire

I am really happy with this mix. I knew how I wanted this mixtape to start and end with. Here are my favorite tracks:








Am I trying to resurrect the cassette tape format? By all means no. I am doing this for my blog and for my own personal enjoyment. Call me strange but I am enjoying the heck out of listening to my old mixtapes as well as creating new ones. As I see it, making mixtapes is just another creative outlet for me :).

Comments

Popular Posts