Albums Of The Week

I really had a difficult time choosing which album would make it for my weekly Album Of The Week post so I decided to post 3 of my current favorite albums at the moment: 1) Margo Price's Perfectly Imperfect (Live at The Ryman), 2) Nena's Licht, 3) BTS' BE. 

I first discovered Margo Price on Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown a few years ago. I totally dug her brand of country music. Her music isn't country-pop which is why I hate country music nowadays (as do many people), and is deeply rooted in traditional country music (up until her third album which she decided to go in another direction). Margo recently dropped a live album. I totally regret not seeing Margo live at First Avenue pre-pandemic so this live album is a nice alternative. Hopefully I can go see her live later down the road when there is a vaccine and it is safe to go to concerts (and for bands to tour). 

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that Nena ("99 Luftballoons" fame) recently released a new album called Licht. Great pop album! 

It's funny. I was not really big on BTS but after hearing "Dynamite" on their Tiny Desk performance, the song has really grown on me. That lead me to listen to their other albums and in no time I have become a fan of their music. Their new album BE is easily my favorite album by the KPop band. As a gen'xer I will never be used to the shorter length in albums nowadays. BE falls just under 30 minutes just like BLACKPINK's The Album.  





Comments

Popular Posts