My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Guess who is back in FB jail again for 30 days? Me! Yesterday my account was suspended because I went after some racists on Facebook with some emojis and voila! The bigots got upset and reported my accounted thus no posts from me on Facebook which has become a joke with the way their inaction towards racist assholes. Not sorry what I did though, the person I went after said some unkind things about Native Americans. I wasn't having none of that on Facebook. 

Anyhoo, here is this week's playlist. I just learned this week that the Scottish band Travis has a new album out called 10 Songs. I have their first album The Man Who. It is one of my favorite albums from the late 1990s. Very Radiohead but with pop sensibilities and frankly not as pretentious as Radiohead. My current favorite song on the album is "A Ghost". Love the new Ayria song "Battle Cry" , just bought it off Bandcamp tonight along with ACTORS' "Love U More" since today all money goes to the bands. I have been listening a lot to the new Faithless album All Blessed. I am not sure what to think. Their music is not as interesting as it once was back in the '90s/early '00s. I miss the thumping EDM beats of songs like "God is a DJ" or "Insomnia". The new PVRIS album Use Me is really good. I have been digging that album. My current favorite album is the re-release of Tom Petty's Wildflowers album with five hours worth of music. That is a really great collection of music. I am glad it was re-released with tracks Tom originally wanted on the album but couldn't because of his record label, the live recordings are great too. 

Songs to check out:
"A Ghost" by Travis
"Hard Drug" by Lebanon Hanover
"Battle Cry" by Ayria
"Dead Weight" by PVRIS

Comments

Popular Posts