Brigitte Calls Me Baby with League Two at Fine Line 09.07.24

Last night, I went to the sold out show for Brigitte Calls Me Baby (Chicago) with opening act League Two (Minneapolis) at the Fine Line. Here is all the photos and video footage I took at the show. It was a really great show. I recently discovered Brigitte Calls Me Baby via Instagram on a post on the Electric Fetus's IG page. I was hooked the second I heard the sample of BCMB's music on the Fetus's IG post. Lost story short, I ended up buying a copy of their album last month just shortly after it came out. If you like The Smiths, despite Morrissey being a total twat and The Killers, Brigitte Calls Me Baby is definitely for those types of music listeners. Their set was incredible.  I regret not recording the band's cover of "Careless Whisper" during their encore last night. UGH! That was such a great cover. 

I am new to League Two's music. Last night was my first time hearing their music. I definitely plan on checking out their music this week. They were a perfect opening band for Brigitte Calls Me Baby with their brand of post-punk/retro alternative rock sounds although Stranger Gallery, speakeazie, Autumn, or Echo Signal would have been great too. Just saying. 

General observations: Lots of gen xers at the show last night. One audience member needs to learn to brush his teeth and use mouthwash on a regular basis. Damn! That was some nasty bad breath. Basic hygiene shouldn't be a big ask. It should be a requirement. If you have sore gums or sensitive teeth, go see a dentist. Ignoring it will just just make things worse although in the US dental services is seen as cosmetic, not part of general healthcare. Yes, I fully support universal healthcare/Medicare for all. American healthcare is a joke. TBH, I hope the next time BCMB comes to town, they will play a larger venue like First Avenue. Fine Line was definitely too small for them. 


Comments

Popular Posts