My Top 10 Favorite Vietnamese New Wave Songs

Yesterday, I came across a reel on Instagram from Omsom about Vietnamese New Wave music . Of course, my curiosity was piqued. Here is a great article from Refinery 29 about The History of Vietnamese New Wave . This is relatively new to me so I am not going to ramble on much about this genre of music but I will share my top 10 favorite songs I have heard so far. As a Vietnamese American music fan of all things post-punk/darkwave/new wave, V Wave totally satisfies that proverbial itch. I love that the native culture I come from has embraced new wave music when Vietnamese refugees started coming to America.
01. Thai Thao: Llame L'Amour


02. Lynda Trang Dai: La Isla Bonita


03. Jeannie Mai: Dem Tokyo


04. Ngoc Huong: Along


05. Thuy Vi: Everlasting Love


06. Minh Phuc: Electric Blue


07. Henry Chuc: Pretty Woman


08. Lynda Trang Dai: Self-Control


09. Ngoc Tuyet: Rhythms Going to Get You


10. Trizzie Phuong Trinh: Straight Up

Comments

Popular Posts