Anything Box with Duck Duck Punch and Thought Thieves

Last night I finally got to see Anything Box at the Minneapolis nightclub Ground Zero. It was fucking fabulous.



This is the only video footage that I have uploaded so far, it is the Thought Thieves, a really excellent local band.



The first time I saw them was back in February at Ground Zero with another local fave Pop Incorporated.

Anyways, the concert last night was excellent. Duluth synthpop band Duck Duck Punch opened up the show, with Thought Thieves next, and finally Another Box. Information Society Paul Robb dj'ed through out the night. One would think that people would come see Paul Robb but sadly the numbers really was dismal. On the upside, the audience totally ate up Another Box's set. Everyone was singing along to their songs, including myself. While at the show I picked some free music by Duck Duck Punch (2 song EP) and Thought Thieves' All I Pretend EP and bought Another Box's Elektrospective. All of the cds that I brought home are great but I especially love the Anything Box cd. I have been listening to it all day long. The songs are freaking catchy as hell. I definitely recommend checking out ABox for synthpop fans. They really put out some great pop music.

Comments

Popular Posts