Some (new) artists to check out

In the last few weeks I have found a few new artists/bands that I thought was worth sharing with the public.

Sataray - I recently discovered Sataray this week via Facebook in the Shinto Records group. So I quickly went to Sataray's ReverbNation page and checked out her music. Sataray is the latest signing to Shinto Records. Katrina Ellison is the woman behind Sataray. I think I will let the music speak for itself. Unfortunately the samples of her music are only 30 seconds long but it really didn't take me very long to take to her music. Katrina really adds a whole new flavor to the whole darkwave/ambient scene with her Hindu influences. After my move, I am so ordering her album Mata Utara. As someone who tends to prefer synthpop and EBM, I completely dig Sataray's sound. Almost reminds me of Protea with an Indian influence instead of Egyptian.

Static Image - Static Image is a new local band that was brought to my attention a few weeks ago just prior to the Legends of Synthpop Tour back in March. I got a chance to listen to their promotional cd which I have been enjoying a lot lately. The music is aggressive yet melodic. The band is currently working on their album and do plan on some shows in the summer.

Casket Parade - Casket Parade is another new local industrial act in the Twin Cities. The music is more in the vein of say Unter Null,  and Suicide Commando. It is great to see that in the local music scene in the Twin Cities isn't totally on life support or at least the electronic scene.

The Rope - I discovered these guys back in February at a fashion show at Ground Zero. I'm normally not into the post-punk scene but I really liked what I heard from The Rope. They certainly don't sound like a lot of indie rock bands in the Twin Cities which I for the most part cannot stand. They will be performing live next week at The Fine Line for their EP release party.

Comments

Popular Posts