What I am currently listening to

Got some new music in the last couple of weeks so here are my $0.02 on my most recent acquisitions.

Kate Bush: The Sensual World


A couple of weeks ago, I woke up to hear a song off The Sensual World by Kate Bush and just loving it. I believe it was "Walk Straight Down the Middle". A couple of days later I found a cheap used copy of the ablum at the Electric Fetus and of course, I bought it for that song. I can't say I am a diehard Kate Bush fan but I certainly appreciate her for her talents as a singer. I am enjoying The Sensual World quite a bit but I have to be in the mood to really want to enjoy it.
Leftfield: Leftism


While at the Fetus when I bought the Kate Bush album, I also found a copy of Leftfield's Leftism cd. I missed owning a copy of that cd. It was one of my favorite dance albums from the 90s. My former roommate introduced me to Leftism prior to returning to the Twin Cities and I was hooked. Of course the album features one of my all time favorite singers ex-Curve singer Toni Halliday on the song "Original". Great song. I also love the kickass dance track "Open Up".


This Ascension: Tears in Rain


Every time I have gone to the Fetus, I would always see this cd in the used discount bins. I finally decided to check it out. This Ascension kinda reminds me of a harder edged Lycia and maybe Black Tape for a Blue Girl. Groovy stuff.


Iris: Black Light


While at the Legends of Synthpop concert last week, I decided to pick up a copy of Iris' latest album Black Light. It's pretty good stuff. Granted their brand of synthpop isn't nearly as good as my personal favorites Minerve or Colony 5 but I liked what I heard, and I certainly plan on checking out their albums later down the road.


Lights of Euphoria: Krieg Gegen Die Maschinen


I always wanted to check out Lights of Euphoria in the last year or two.  I finally got to LoE recently and ordered online Krieg Gegen Die Maschinen because I love the song "True Life". I like the album but it definitely could have been better. I really wasn't fond of the harsher sounding tracks on "Dyskonnect" and "Interface III". The album has an uneven sound and I don't think the Lights of Euphoria knew how they wanted their sound to be at the time of this album. I will say I just LOVE the song "Nothing At All". That song kicks ass. I am constantly listening to it repeatedly.

Comments

Popular Posts