Best of 2015: Holoscenic by Conjure One

I will be brutally frank here, I was a bit concerned with the new album Holoscenic by Conjure One prior to its release a couple of weeks ago because at the time I wasn't particularly keen of the track "Under the Gun". After giving the album a listen on Spotify, whatever worries I had quickly melted away. Holoscenic is the first Conjure One since the self-titled album that I love from start to finish. The last two Conjure One albums had their moments but they definitely could not live up to the greatness of the self-titled album. While I do love all the songs with vocals (including "Under the Gun" which has grown on me quite a bit), the instrumental tracks really stood out for me on this album especially the hauntingly beautiful track "The Garden". If you haven't listened to Holoscenic, do it now. It is one of my favorite releases of 2015.

Comments

Popular Posts