First concerts of the new year

This week I attended my first two concerts for 2020. On Wednesday night, I went to the Fine Line to see British country soul singer Yola with Amythyst Kiah, a singer/songwriter from Tennessee who is part of the Our Native Daughters project. Here are the photos from the two concerts. Of the two shows, the Yola/Amythyst Kiah show was the better of the two with an audience that wasn't total shitheads.





On Saturday night, I went back to the Fine Line to see North Mississippi Allstars with Southern Avenue. Because I missed Southern Avenue over the summer, I was really at the show for the band. I liked NMA but after 90 minutes, their music just sounded more of the same to me. Also some of their fanbase are racist garbage (and that is all I have to say on that issue).




Comments

Popular Posts