Album of the Week

Of all the heavy metal bands from all over the continent of Asia I have been listening to as of lately, Mysterain (from Guangzhou, China) has to be in my top five favorite bands. Mysterain is a symphonic metal band that combines metal with traditional Chinese theatre and folklore.  The band has 2 full length albums Fall of the Song Dynasty (2020)and After the End of The Vally (2016), and a handful of singles. Of the band's 2 full length albums, Fall of the Song Dynasty is my personal favorite release thus is my Album of the Week. Love all the songs on the album but there are definitely some tracks that stood out with me which I have noted below this paragraph. I  find it so immensely refreshing to see a symphonic metal outside of the European metal scene (i.e not white) and fuses together traditional music of their cultural heritage with modern rock and roll. If you like Leaves' Eyes (when Liv Kristine was in it), Within Temptation, and Midnattsol, I definitely recommend Mysterain. Had I found this band sooner like last year, Fall of the Song Dynasty would have been my favorite album of 2020. BTW...you can buy all their music on Bandcamp (digital only) for just under $20. I just did tonight. 

Songs worth checking out:
"WuMu"
"Sinful Petals"
"The Orchid"
"The Heroine"

Comments

Popular Posts