Random Thoughts

 It has been awhile since I sounded off on my blog so this week so I thought for tonight's blog entry, I am going to sound off on some topics that has been on my mind for the past few days.

1. Adam Levine, leader of a band, feels like there aren't any bands anymore  On Friday I read this article from Vulture which Adam whines about "how there aren't any bands anymore unlike the early 2000s". He follows up with the acknowledgement that it is probably because they (as in bands that were once all over in the media) are not in the spotlight as much any more.  I have so many issues with Adam's comments. 1) Gatekeeping is annoying and obnoxious. It is very elitist. Adam needs to grow the fuck up and get over himself. 2) Considering that the predominant music genres of the 21st century is hip hop and pop music that is performed by Black and Brown men and women, Adam's comments makes him unintentionally bigoted (just my personal optics). I am leaning towards that Adam is an elitist douche. 3) Bands will never go away completely however what changes is the listeners. I am sure baby boomers felt that way about popular  music back in the 1990s. Adam just needs to realize that he is getting older and that nothing remains the same.

2) Mumford and Sons' Winston Marshall faces backlash for praising Andy Ngo - Not that I like Mumford and Sons' music which is boring and bland AF but why anyone would buy into notorious Neo-Nazi grifter Andy Ngo's BS and publicly announce his support is a dumb move. Ironically this guy also plays the banjo, an instrument that originates from Africa. Andy Ngo is a notorious liar and a real POS of shit. Andy posts heavily edited videos of anti-fascist protesters to make them look bad, and lie about them. How anyone can find any appeal in Andy Ngo's new book which I won't mention its title, is beyond me other than they are a bootlicking fascist lover. I will say that his Twitter feed has been highly entertaining to read today after finding how what a douchebag he is for liking Andy Ngo. 


3) I will never understand why America never gave the UK pop band Steps a chance. The group really knows how to churn out some catchy bops. Been a fan of their music since the late '90s. Their music is very ABBA-esque. I discovered they released a new album What The Future Holds. When I need a break from all the heavy metal from China and Japan, I quickly go for some Steps.

Comments

Popular Posts