My Current Favorite Songs of the Week

Happy Friday! 

So today Blutengel finally released their latest album Fountain of Destiny . It is a collection of '80s songs. I absolutely love it. I ordered a physical copy of it and now just have to wait for its arrival but in the meantime I can listen to it on both Bandcamp and Spotify. I just adore the band's version of "Alone" (the most well know version of it was done by the band Heart in the late '80s). I also love their version of Ultravox's "Hymn" too. 

I was introduced to an up and coming country artist Morgan Wade. She does not sound like any of her peers in the country music scene. Her music is definitely not slick and polished like Carrie Underwood.  Her debut album Reckless comes out next Friday. I just pre-ordered her album as well as pre-saved it on my Spotify account. My current favorite song by Morgan is "Wilder Days".

Still enjoying the hell out of the new albums by Pale Waves, Helalyn Flowers, and Solar Fake. Don't be surprised to see them on my Best of 2021 list. 

Songs to check out:
"Alone" by Blutengel 
"I Bright the Light" by Rave the Reqviem  
"Link" by Mardelas
"Towards an Early Grave" by Sirenia
"Skyland" by Helalyn Flowers
"Wilder Days" by Morgan Wade
"Light" by Ancient Bards
"Wish U Were Here" by Pale Waves


Comments

Popular Posts