Project Pitchfork with Ayria and The Trapezoids concert review

Last night I finally got to see two of my favorite industrial bands Project Pitchfork and Ayria. Local band The Trapezoids opened the show.

The Trapezoids


I have to admit I honestly wasn't crazy about them. My beef with synthpop is that the genre has a tendency for being monotonous and The Trapezoids is a perfect example of monotonous synthpop.

Ayria was awesome. I am a huge Ayria fan and she has yet to disappoint me with her live performances.

Ayria


I tried to video record her live performances of "Bad List" and "Analog Trash" but my camera = epic fail. I did though manage to get "My Revenge On the World". This is definitely better footage than the one I shot last year at Station 4 in Saint Paul (where everyone was sweating like pigs).

After her set and while waiting for Project Pitchfork to go on, I bought her Debris album and got Jennifer Parkin to sign her autograph on an insert in the package. I also got to have my picture taken with Jennifer too. There is a photo of me and her in my album on myspace. Photobucket is being a pain in the ass and it won't show the photo of her and I but rather one of Peter Spilles. UGH! Photobucket is a piece of shit. I think I'll start uploading photos elsewhere than that bitch.

Project Pitchfork went on about 11pm. They were awesome. I still prefer Peter's other project Santa Hates You IMO.

Project Pitchfork


I also got video recorded PP performing my favorite song "Timekiller".

I have a ton of photos up in my photo album from the show on my myspace page.

While I am more of an Ayria fan and prefer Santa Hates You over Project Pitchfork, last night certainly ranks as one of my favorite concerts of this year so far.

Comments

  1. So I am only 2.5 years late seeing this... I'm Ollie, main guy in The Trapezoids. That was a very fun show to play, the headlining bands were awesome (totally blew us off the stage) and really friendly while we were all setting up.
    I freely admit that my band is pretty monotonous, and not very exciting to watch live. Two guys standing behind keyboards twiddling knobs is not what I call an exciting show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts