Recent CD purchases

This week was my fifth anniversary at my job as a reward I got a $100 Visa gift card (for not strangling any of my idiot co-workers...haha). Just kidding. Seriously though I decided this was the perfect time for me to finally get the soundtrack to the film The Runaways, based on Cherie Currie's biography Neon Angel.

In the movie I wasn't so bothered by Dakota Fanning's 'singing' as Cherie Currie but when I listened to the soundtrack tonight, whew! WTF?! Was the studio thinking hiring Dakota to play Cherie?! She had a very wimpy voice compared to Cherie Currie. I actually didn't mind Kristen Stewart's passable vocals as Joan Jett. They weren't dead on but at least they came remotely close to Joan's vocals unlike Dakota Fanning's painful attempts at singing. The only songs that I truly enjoyed were the actual Runaways songs, MC5, Nick Gilder, and Suzi Quatro songs, the rest were horrible including The Stooges (I am going to go as far to say they are a horrible band who got way too much praise for faint talent).

On more positive side, my copy of the soundtrack to No One Knows about Persian Cats came today in the mail.

This is a terrific soundtrack with music that is as diverse. The genres ranged from traditional Persian music to modern heavy metal. I even enjoyed the lone rap track which is a miracle considering I can't stand rap music. The movie was good although not flawless but the music was just wonderful. I definitely would recommend that album, The Runaways soundtrack not so much.

Comments

Popular Posts