Local artists and bands I think people should check out

So last night I went to Club Underground for the latest DarkSide MN production run by my good friend Tracey. It was good to get out last night and to see one of Tracey's shows. While at the club, it got me to thinking about all the local artists/bands in the Twin Cities whose music I enjoy hence tonight's blog. I thought I would post links to websites (Facebook, bandcamp, reverbnation) by local bands whose music I think people should check out. A lot of the artists/bands will be in the goth/industrial scene but there will be some that are not. I think it is good for people to step out of their comfort zones here and there especially when it comes to music.

Absynthe of Faith
Aby Wolf
As/Of
Astronomique
Claps
Dance Assault
Dissociate
Endif
Fate's Palette
Ficshe
Fort Wilson Riot
F.T.C
Gabriel and the Apocalypse
Geodesik
Glean
Gospel Gossip
Hydrah
Is/Is
KPT
L'Assassins
Orchyd
Pink Mink
Promidal
Prostate
Scarlet Mother
The Funeral and The Twilight
The Melismatics
The Rabbit M Project
The Rope
Sloslylove
The Trapezoids
Thought Thieves
UZZA
Vaudeville
VOSHO

I should note that my list barely scratches the surface of the local music scene.  For the most part, I wanted to focus more on my little corner of the scene (i.e goth/industrial) which does not get much recognition (if any) from the local publications like City Pages and Vita MN but at the same time I think it would be unfair of me to not mention a few bands outside of my corner of the world. One more thing...all of these bands are currently active. I decided when I put together this list to mention bands who are currently active, it's nothing personal but I thought it would be better to give the attention to those who could use a push here or there from me and hopefully lure people to their shows. You can pretty much find these bands on FB where you can keep up to date with them.

Comments

Popular Posts