Album of the Week: The Death of Frequent Flier by Psalm One

Back in November of 2015, I read a really compelling article on Chicago rapper Psalm One (who at one time worked with local rap label Rhymesayers). You can read the article here. I have to admit the controversy got my curiosity aroused so I checked out her music both on Spotify and her Soundcloud page. I was duly impressed. I especially love her 2007 album The Death of Frequent Flier. I absolutely love her delivery as well as her lyrics. I will never understand why Rhymesayers' lack of interest in promoting the only woman on their roster and it is a shame especially since there aren't any other women on the label.  Hip hop music is a hit or miss with me (a  lot of it a miss) but I really dig the sounds of Psalm One.

Comments

Popular Posts