Random Observations of the Week

I wish I discovered the self-titled album by Gold Zebra sooner. I can't stop listening to it.



I love the new cable channel Viceland. My favorite show on the channel is Noisey, a music show. It has really exposed me to some interesting music, not to mention has been teaching me a lot of things like what dancehall music is about in the Jamaica episode.


One of the most interesting hip hop artists I have heard recently is Link Wamadiguida.


Earlier this week I listened to Voices by Phantogram for a first time in a long time. I totally almost forgot how good the album is.


I have been listening the hell out of The Story by Brandi Carlisle. My two favorite songs by her are "The Story" and "Turpentine".




My current favorite Tracy Chapman song is "Telling Stories".


I love the song "Break of Dawn" by Goapele as well as the album of the same title.


With bands like Lush and Belly reunited and touring this year, one would think Rock the Garden would try to get one of those bands for their overpriced and underwhelming music festival. Just saying. Their line up this year is a snoozefest (Grrrl Prty asides).

Speaking of Belly, I am stoked they are touring this year and they will be at the Vic Theatre the night before I see Lush in mid-September. I am so going to that show. Two shows in one weekend.

As much as I disliked the film Marie Antoinette, I absolutely love the soundtrack.

Comments

Popular Posts