Album Of The Week: Simul iustus et peccator by Promidal

For this week's Album Of The Week, I decided to go local and went with Simul iustus et peccator by Promidal, a Minneapolis act that I have watched right from the beginning in 2012. I have seen the band go through various line ups, kinda like the way I go through socks and underwear. LOL. The results though has been immensely satisfying to watch Promidal evolve and grow as a live act as well as a studio. The 2012 release Dead Nation was good but didn't show what Promidal was really capable of and it definitely sounded more like a demo. That is to be expected from a fledgling band. I knew Promidal would evolve and grow. I saw it in their live shows between then and 2015.

2015 was when Simul iustus et peccator was originally released but I was bad and didn't get around to listening to it until a couple of weekends ago when I picked up a CD copy of the album at the latest Promidal show. For almost two weeks, now I have been enjoying the album at work and at home. The production value is 100% better than Dead Nation. I absolutely love the black metal influences that seeps through the music on the entire album. The music is heavy as fuck. The album is excellent from start to finish but I do strongly recommend checking out tracks 3-5 and 11 in particular. Those songs really gets my blood pumping. While there was a political theme in the lyrics on Dead Nation, there is none of that on Simul iustus et peccator. There is more of a religious theme.



If you are in the Twin Cities, Promidal's next show is on 9/17 at the upcoming Twin Cities Electropunk Vol.8 release party at Club Underground. You really can not miss seeing Promidal live. I have seen them live so many times and always have been impressed by their live performances. In general, they are easily my favorite live act to see. I have proof of it in my videos of theirs. So go see Promidal next month because I sure as hell can't because I'll be in Chicago that weekend!!!

From their last show.


Some past shows





Comments

Popular Posts