Strap On Halo with Autumn and Principality at Club Underground on 08.12.16

Last night I went to Club Underground (for the first time in many months) to see three bands: Strap On Halo, Autumn, and Principality. Autumn and Principality are two local post-punk bands in the Twin Cities music. Principality is new to me but I have been a fan of Autumn since I first saw them open up for Faith and the Muse at Ground Zero Nightclub many, many years ago. I think it was in 2009. I think. I enjoyed the two opening bands immensely, I particularly enjoyed Autumn's set. This was my first time I had seen Autumn since they had reformed this year. Julie sounded even better than the last time I had heard them. She has such a fantastic voice.Damn shame I didn't think of getting video footage from the show last night but I do still have footage from their Faith and The Muse show to show my readers just how great this band sounds.

The band was performing the song "Red". After seeing Autumn perform again last night, I definitely need to make it to their shows more often. Their new material sounds awesome.
Principality is a relatively new local band. They have been only around since 2014. Last year they put out an EP. Check it out. If you like The Rope, I think you will like Principality.



As for Strap On Halo, they were fantastic. You can hear their new EP here. I have listened to it and it sounds really great but the band sounds even better live. If you like '80s goth/deathrock/post punk, you will definitely dig this band who is currently on tour. I really dug what I had heard from the band. Their live show was a lot of fun to watch. Overall just a fun night to be had last night.



goth_maven's Strap On Halo with Autumn and Principality album on Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts