Food for thought: Making a few changes

In the past couple of years, my taste in music has been evolving. I didn't think I would ever get into hip hop music but I did and I also find myself listening to less goth and industrial music. I don't know why but I am finding myself less excited about the latest releases from bands like Blutengel and Combichrist who I hate to say have disappointed me with their last few releases. My tastes have been veering more mainstream like The Jezabels, School of Seven Bells, Shura, Tegan and Sara, Lush, and Bat for Lashes.  Because of my evolving musical tastes, I decided to make a few tweaks to my blog so it encompasses all genres of music. While I definitely plan on continuing to cover the goth and underground scene especially in the Twin Cities, I certainly don't want to limit my blog to that segment of the music scene any more. I personally am ready to broaden my horizons with my blog.I have made a few slight changes to my Facebook and Twitter pages as well. After six years of blogging under the guise of Rivet Grrrl, it was inevitable for me to ditch that moniker and just be true to myself and cover the music that makes me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts