Band-Maid at The Varsity Theater on 08.06.2023

Sunday night I attended the Band-Maid concert at The Varsity Theater in Dinkytown. This was my 2nd time I have seen the Japanese rock band who is touring the US in celebration of their 10th anniversary. The band has 2 best of compilations out on streaming services right now, they are definitely worth checking out.

There was no opening act so the show started right at 8 'o clock and went for about 100 minutes. Because it was an all ages show (I did see a few children at the show), I am pretty sure the reason why the show ended that early. I was okay with that because I had work the next day. There was no opening act which I do appreciate. People can watch the full set recorded by Gaijin Guys.  Here is their set list from the show too. My view wasn't great but I managed to get some photos from the show. 

I saw Band-Maid for the first time last November, and loved their set. Asides from a shitty view, I wasn't disappointed in what I heard and saw Sunday night. The band is phenomenal live. They clearly love performing live. Guitarist/singer Miku Kobato is so entertaining with the way she interacts with the audience. I think that is why people travel to see the band live, that and the band sounds incredible live. I talked to quite a few people at the show who were not from Minneapolis/Minnesota. Overall fantastic show. I hope the band comes back in the near future. 
 


Full-length video from the show. I do have a couple of shorts on my YouTube channel from the show too. 


Comments

Popular Posts