My 10 Favorite Albums of the Week

My current favorite album is the self-titled debut album by the Taiwanese symphonic metal band M.E.L.T. I just discovered the band through the website Unite Asia. The band once opened for Nightwish when they toured Asia, might as been for their most recent tour  for Human Nature (IMO the band's weakest album to date).

Last Friday, Japanese classical/goth duo Kokusyoku Sumire dropped a album Zenmaishojobako Circus. Imagine Emilie Autumn but Japanese but a duo. I discovered the duo last year. I was not let down with this new album which has a circus theme. 

Recently acquired a physical copy of the new Sirenia album 1977. I have been listening to that album a lot this year. It is definitely one of my favorite metal releases of 2023. I think it is the band's album to date. 

I have always had mixed feelings about Wagakki Band but their new album I vs I is really good from start to finish. While it is not as good as the new albums by their peers Onmyo-Za and Lovebites, I vs I is thoroughly enjoyable, more rock than metal. If you want more metal, definitely go with Onmyo-Za and Lovebites. 

01. M.E.L.T - M.E.L.T


02. Kokusyoku Sumire - Zenmaishojobako Circus


03. Sirenia - 1977


04. Together X Tomorrow - Sweet


05. Vintersea - Illuminated


06. WagakkiBand - I vs I


07. Mother Tongues - Love in a Vicious Way


08. Nini Music - Legends


09. Silent Elegy - Gone With the Wind


10. John Baptiste - World Music Radio

Comments

Popular Posts