Friday, December 3, 2010

Best of 2010 releases

Now that it is December, it is officially time for me to start putting my best of 2010 list together. The following is just a preliminary list of my favorite albums that were released this year. I decided not to put them in order yet.

Dying & Falling - i:Scintilla
Cut & Coil - Cylab
Please - Minerve
Parity - Sensuous Enemy
Move On - Unter Null
Rise From Grey - Blume
Popgefahr - De/Vision
Exilarch - Conjure One
Torture Garden - Various Artists (compilation from Shinto Records)
Bloodwater - iVardensphere
Hold My Hand - Shiv-r
Beauty 2: Music That Touches the Soul - Various Artists
Implements of Hell - Suicide Commando
Breedless - Ego Likeness
The Mechanical Renaissance - Psyborg Corp.
Living in Transition - Access Zero
Take Care Paramour - Ashbury Heights
Cinderellicious - Cinderella Effect
Nothing is Infinite - Angelzoom
The Kill House EP - Syrenn
Tear the World Down - We Are the Fallen
Strangers - System Syn
Alle Lust Will Ewigkeit - Nachtmahr
Anything That Gets You Through the Night - Edge of Dawn
Deception Island - Bella Koshka
Crucifix Powerbomb - Santa Hates You
Dogmatic Infidel Comedown OK - IAMX
Body Talk - Robyn
The Human Animal - Android Lust

I should also note that I still need to get the latest cds by Android Lust, Decoded Feedback (which I never got), and Angels on Acid. One day I will. LOL!  Not sure on the new Combichrist cd. Their new stuff (which I have listened to online) isn't up to par like their previous albums. They are a phenomenal live act for sure. Just not crazy about their new stuff. As of this moment, my top 5 best 2010 releases includes Sensuous Enemy, Cylab, Ashbury Heights, Minerve, and Unter Null. I definitely recommend buying the latest Minerve cd. I have been listening to it non-stop. Easily the best synthpop album of 2010. The music is so damn fucking catchy. My favorite aggrotech album is a toss up between The Mechanical Renaissance and Implements of Hell. The new Angelzoom album has really grown on me lately. I don't think it is good enough to be in my top 10 but at least top 20. All in all it has been a good year for music in my opinion.

EDIT: I finally broke down and downloaded the new Android Lust album The Human Animal. I am enjoying it immensely. I hope I don't have to wait as long for a new AL album as long as I have for The Human Animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment