My 10 favorite soundtracks

Today at work I was listening to a few soundtracks which quickly gave me the idea to share with my readers my ten favorite soundtracks of all time.

10. Gladiator soundtrack

This has to be one of the most beautiful soundtracks I ever had the pleasure to listen to. The combination of Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard is simply divine.


09. The Promise

Not really familiar with the work of Klaus Badelt but apparently he gets quite a bit of flack for his film scores. I immediately fell in love with is work on this underappreciated film when I first saw it in the movie theater. The music took my breath away.


08. Marie Antoinette

I didn't care much for the movie but LOVE the soundtrack especially "Hong Kong Garden" by Siouxsie and the Banshees. I thought the mix of modern music with a period movie was odd and didn't feel right with me. The acting was nothing to write home about but the music (and costumes) made up for the dull film.


07. Gypsy 83

This was another film where I loved the music more than the film itself. I did love Sara Rue's performance. Just wish that the story in the film had a bit more meat on the bones.


06. Slumdog Millionaire

This is the soundtrack that got me into A.R Rahman's music. I really like the mix of modern and traditional Indian music although I think a remix of "Paper Planes" was totally unnecessary to include on the soundtrack.


05. Baraka

I recently heard this soundtrack courtesy of my library. I found myself liking this soundtrack a little more than the soundtrack for Samsara (which is very good). I don't know why that it is but the music on Baraka just stood out with me more.


04. Garden State

Yes, I admit it. I love this soundtrack and especially The Shins' "New Slang". I love this soundtrack so much because I feel like I am listening to a mixed cd/tape.


03. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

This is by far my favorite film score in the Harry Potter series. The music just resonated with me the most as did the film too.


02. Let the Right One In

No words can really describe the beauty of the soundtrack to my all time favorite movie. I don't think the movie could have worked as well with another composer. Johan Soderqvist really nailed the film with his beautifully composed score.


01. Departures

Just love, love, love this film score by Joe Hisaishi (who is famous for his work with Hayao Miyazaki's animated films).

Comments

Popular Posts