The Birthday Massacre with Aesthetic Perfection and William Control

Well another concert has come and gone. Last night I went to Station 4 in Saint Paul to see The Birthday Massacre with Aesthetic Perfection and William Control. I have been always wanting to see TBM live but never had the time,energy, or in good health to see them.

On their current tour, The Birthday Massacre took Aesthetic Perfection and William Control with them. I thought they were great choices. The show started early and ended early since it was an all ages show. Aesthetic Perfection certainly didn't disappoint me. This is my fourth time that I have seen them live. Aesthetic Perfection only performed for 30 minutes. I was not disappointed in their song selection. It was a good mix from All Beauty Destroyed and A Violent Emotion.

Up next was William Control, featuring William Francis of Aiden. I have to admit I wasn't too fond of William Control's music the first time I had heard it 2 years ago on Noir but during their set, their music grew on me. I ended up buying the latest William Control cd Silentium Amoris (as well as All Beauty Destroyed by Aesthetic Perfection). In the beginning of William Control's set, I had a hard time hearing William Francis' vocals clearly. It wasn't until halfway through the set did the vocals improved. I'm not sure if it was because of the venue, the band itself, the music, or the soundman. Once I started enjoying their music, I decided to buy a copy of their latest album. I am glad that I did.  The album is fantastic. It starts off as more synth-rock and evenutally becomes more darkwave/synth. LOVE William Francis' vocals.

Finally The Birthday Massacre. The band did not disappoint me one bit. They put on one heck of a live show. They sounded good live as they do on their cds. It was an hour long set since it was an all ages show. The band played all of my favorite songs. Loved watching Chibi move all around the stage. Sorry I don't have a videos from this show. I wasn't close enough to the stage. I definitely plan (or trying to) for tomorrow night's Assemblage 23 show.

Comments

Popular Posts