Albums I am currently listening to

Aby Wolf: Wolf Lords

Yesterday I went to the Electric Fetus for their Valentine's Day sale. Their CDs were 20% off. One of the three CDs I bought was Wolf Lords by Aby Wolf. I bought it because the store was playing it on their stereo system and I just fell in love with the music. I asked one of the cashiers about the music they were playing and he showed me that it was Aby Wolf. I ended up going home with the album. I haven't been able to stop playing the album. Wolf Lords is really excellent electro-pop reminiscent of say Conjure One, Above and Beyond, Delerium, and Balligomingo. This is simply beautiful music. In fact I am listening to it right now as I am writing this blog entry :).

The Melismatics: Rising Tide

While at the Fetus, I also picked up a copy of Rising Tide by The Melismatics. Since I am going to review tonight's show at Cause, I felt like I really needed to get myself prepped for the show tonight. I really like it a lot and the indie rock band's sound in general. Really love the harmonies between Pony and and her husband Ryan. The whole album is really good but I am really excited to see them perform their music live.


Dum Dum Girls: Too True

I am hopelessly addicted to the new Dum Dum Girls album. This was the reason why I went to the Electric Fetus yesterday. I wanted my own copy of Too True. The music reminds me of My Bloody Valentine, The Raveonettes, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and any given '60s girl group combined together. The music is super catchy and so enjoyable to listen to.


Sky Ferrira: Night Time, My Time

This morning I made a pit stop at the library. I had picked up the new Sky Ferriera album that I requested online and which it finally became available to me. I had already loved the song "24 Hours" prior to getting this album but I was totally impressed by just how good the entire album is as a whole. I think it is one of the better pop albums I have heard in the last few years and I don't say that very often. I like that the music isn't overtly polished. I will most likely buy my own copy of Night Time, My Time eventually.

Comments

Popular Posts