Album Of The Week: Moonbathers by Delain

It was really difficult for me to pick my album of the week after a recent trip to The Electric Fetus a few days but in the end I chose Moonbathers by Delain for my Album Of The Week pick. I have been enjoying the hell out of the album since I bought it this past Saturday. I always liked Delain but after seeing them last year in Chicago with Nightwish they really made a big fan out of me. I don't know why it took me this long to buy one of their albums but I am glad I bought their new album.

All of the songs have great hooks. Lyrically this is the band's best work to date IMHO. I particularly am fond of the track "Chrysalis - The Last Breath" both lyrically and musically. The ballad is absolutely gorgeous, The heavier songs on the album are just as good. I love "Hands of Gold" which features Arch Enemy's Alyssa White-Gluz, "Fire With Fire", and "Scandal" in particular. Overall great album.

Comments

Popular Posts